To request a copy of a birth certificate, the applicant must fulfill the requirements below and provide $10 (cash or check); a driver license or a passport photo ID (clear copies or faxes are acceptable if requesting through the mail). Form DOH-296A must be filled out. * If your name has changed, documentation showing name change (i.e. marriage license) must be provided. A certified copy or a certified transcript of a birth certificate may be issued only:
- To a person with a New York State Court Order;
- To the person named on the birth certificate, if 18 years of age or older;
- To the parents of the person named on the birth certificate;
- To the lawful representative of the person named or the parents of the person named on the birth certificate;
- To the Commissioner of the Health; or
- To a municipal, state or federal agency when needed for official purposes.
A certification of birth certificate may be issued:
- To the person named on the birth certificate, if under 18 years of age;
- To a person over 18 years of age, if a certification is what thy prefer; or
- To a person who can demonstrate the record is required for a judicial or other proper purpose.
- Application for birth records – DOH 296A
Certified of Birth, Death and Marriage Records Fee
$10.00 fee will be charge for each certified copy of a birth, death or marriage record. Cash or check accepted. Checks should be made payable to the Town of Sherburne.